Wednesday, November 9, 2011

VINTAGE WEDDING DRESS SHADOW BOX





I deciding to make my spare bedroom into a craft/ sewing/ guest bedroom, which by the way is only 10 ft. x 10 ft. Having such a small space is challenging, when there must be so many combined uses it must achieve.


My mother(God rest her soul) made me my Neiman Marcus version of a dress I found in their catalog back in 1983,which had a price tag of $23,900. I can still remember that dress all laid out on the table for months. Every time anyone would come visit, they would help sew on the pearls. We made many trips to Milwaukee where they had the biggest selection of just the right pearls, and would put them in a small brown paper lunch bag.
Mommy always had the dress in a glass case in her living room, so after she passed 4 years ago, I had to give her work of art the respect and admiration it so very deserved.Your wedding dress will probably be one of the most sentimental and treasured items you'll ever want to preserve and keep for generations to come.


I spent weeks and maybe months trying to find that perfect wedding dress. There is the time and then the expense that goes along with it. We wear such an exquisite and beautiful dress only once. It  became a sentimental part of my existence. Yes, I know there are pictures and video but why not have the dress framed and hung in a special place so I can pass by it for years to come and get reminded over and over again what a special wedding dress she had made just for me.


 I decided to frame my wedding dress in a beautiful shadow box. This will preserve the dress, keep it safe from harmful light or dust, and allow me,my friends, and guests to pass by my beautiful  dress and enjoy it's very existence, just as one would in a fine art gallery.






          I miss you dearly every day.....xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo